In this course you will develop an understanding of the various applications of Big Data and the data structures, algorithms that form the basis of the Big Data Systems used in the industry.
● Topics Covered:
○ Data Abstraction
○ Linear data structures like Hashtables, Hashmaps, Bloom Filters
○ Non-linear data structures like Binary Search Trees, KD Trees
○ Distributed Algorithm Design
○ Algorithm Design using MapReduce
● Programming Language Used: Java
● Course Outcomes:
You will be able to select and implement appropriate data structures to solve big
data problems and also write Map and Reduce codes for distributed processing of data.